Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy Place


 
Meadow Hot Springs. I have to talk about this place because it is my heaven on earth, or rather heaven in a meadow in the middle of nowhere in central Utah. Devan took me here on a date when we were just awkward dating love friends. Devan loves this place, he literally gets giddy every time we go-- but if you've been, then you know. We have taken several friends and family and it never ceases to be anything but relaxing.

I can promise a shooting star or two in the night sky and the perfect temperature to soak for hours in a minimally sulfur smelling natural spring. Your skin is soft and the water is deep. We've even been amongst scuba divers while swimming there, from children to drunk old men, it's quite a popular spot. I have heartburn posting this because I want everyone to know how awesome it is, but I also want nobody else to go. It's mine. Ok fine, you can go but don't ever go in the middle of the day in late summer. We ran into bird bee's you guys. Bee's the size of humming birds and they are not above diving into the water! This is real.

So besides that one experience of terror, Meadow Hot Springs is our spot. I love having spots. Places that make you feel yourself. A place you can breathe, a place you can be completely removed from the stresses of life. I live to find places like these, even if it's just a state of mind in the middle of the week. "Go to your happy place" has a real image for me and it may or may not be the picture above.

Disclaimer: There are sharp rocks and ledges, a muddy trail that will ruin your shoes, and possibly cows that wander too close. Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment