Thursday, April 14, 2016

The latest and greatest in our lives involves a tropical vacation, a growing baby bump and a small flicker of nesting that I might be actually feeling.


First with the baby bump. Here is my 26.5 week bump. I have such negative feelings for this tradition of sorts. I don't feel like I'm particularly glowing and nothing highlights a large breast size like a growing belly (if you know me, you know I hate those big things). But I should really set aside those feelings and let the photo remind me of the cool things like how baby boy seems to know when Devan is feeling my belly and always high fives or kicks the hardest. Also, pregnancy has actually gotten a lot better for me as far as feeling myself again. I'm just weeks, probably days away from absolute discomfort I'm sure. It feels like we're getting close, but then I talk to those that are weeks away from being due and I realize that 3 more months is actually a long time. Let's grow this baby!





We've recently been spoiled with a trip to Roatan, Honduras from Devan's parents. My in-laws are seriously the best. They found the most beautiful rental house on the island with a  private cove on the beach with lots of room and a pool. We got to spend an entire week with the Francis family and it was magical. From snorkeling at West End beach numerous times to authentic food and literally a million gelato trips! I can't thank Lori and Dave enough for such a beautiful trip. I love our late night card games (and the fact that I win so often) as well as spending that extra time with all the cute little nieces and nephews. There are some amazing moms and dads in my family, I'm sure learning a lot and taking notes.


Here are a few photos I'll want to look back on.
If I can remember that coconut gelato on rainy days in Utah, I could almost be back there.


 All my people. Cutest kids. Best humans to be with!


 Relaxation was no joke, this hammock (from my parents for Christmas! Thanks guys) and that view... get outta here.


 We were 2 almost 3 peas in a kayak pod. Sunset Kayaking was so beautiful. Nice hat Dev.


 Wish I got a pic of us in our snorkeling gear, but this is one we took before we went out. Fishes for days with the brightest colors!




Another awkward baby bump photo in my swimsuit. Got some sun bleached hairs going on toooo.


We lived in our swimsuits. And again, that view people!


 Ahhh presh.


 This was my view from our bedroom door for a whole week. take me back!


When I said we had a lot of gelato... I wasn't kidding.




I could add half a million more pics. Maybe I will later. Vacation is good for the soul. So thankful again for that trip. We are back home in real life. I'm at work right now trying to remember what the sun felt like. However, I've got that itch to begin making the home ready for baby boy! I bought my nursery paint color, some décor and want to get my guest bedroom and refresh my bedroom at the same time! Heck, I want to do the whole house! I need to go take some before and afters of the nursery for my next post. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment