Tuesday, July 5, 2016

This photo makes me feel like a pregnant goddess, the opposite of what pregnancy has actually felt like-- clearly my friend Brittany is so talented


12 days. 12 days from the date baby is due. He could come any time and the anticipation is terrifying and exciting! At any moment my life will change forever and it will happen in the next couple weeks. My impatience is very apparent in moments like this. To distract myself I thought it would be good to do a post or two before we are a family of three. If I finish the nursery this week, I'll document that too. Anyway, I want to remember the way Devan and I have looked at each other recently, not knowing the words to say but a look of pure naivety of what we're about to experience together. We ask constantly, "I wonder what he will look like".  I can't believe it won't be just us ever again, but I am not sad. This is our child. Half me and half the person I love the most in the whole world. (I forgot to warn you about this mushy post, sorry not sorry).

Our not-so-secret bon fire spot, we'll take anyone! It's one of my favorite places to be

In reality we haven't been 100% ourselves for so long because of the pregnancy but the "nesting" of nursery set up, evening walks, bike rides, so many trips to the pool-- they are our new normal and I can't wait to add a baby to these simple but perfect daily rituals. We've been able to fit in a bon-fire, some trivia nights, and jamming apricots (who even are we???). My job feels like a nuisance lately, I am so ready to meet my baby boy and meetings about product development feel extra long in comparison.

Our apricot tree produced thousands of mini apricots, it's a good year for offspring :) If jamming isn't considered "nesting" I don't know what is


Devan has a talent for great ideas when we need them most. He has taken me to three different pools the last week so I could feel lighter and not so uncomfortably pregnant after work. I have this selfie photo that makes me happy. My pregnant skin has been pretty good, the sun feels amazing and when I am floating in a pool I feel like maybe the life of motherhood won't be so scary.




I also want to thank all the friends and family that have spoiled me and baby boy. The beautiful baby showers were so generous and I feel so much love and support from those in my life.


Ma girls in Utah. This is only 1 of three baby showers I was given, did I already mention spoiled?!


We'll see how soon it takes me to document a birth story and my thoughts on early motherhood. Sleep deprivation is not easily dealt with in the Francis home, shit about to get real over here. I can't hardly wait.



2 comments:

  1. Kira you are a beautiful thoughtful talented kind sweet happy fabulous woman = who will be all that and more as a mommy! Cheers to you almost THREE! We love you!

    ReplyDelete